An Introduction to Medical Therapeutic Yoga
However, this workshop aims to change that by revolutionizing healthcare - from the inside out.
This Program Is for You If:
- Your patients suffer from comorbidities and/or make lifestyle choices that hinder their therapy progress.
- You have ever felt frustrated, burned out, or compassion fatigue because of your career.
- You want to understand how yoga, when operationalized through the Medical, Therapeutic lens, can improve your clinical outcomes.
- You want to harness the power of health coaching and yoga as a Lifestyle Medicine, to lower your burnout and improve patient follow-through.
This workshop will introduce you to a sustainable model of Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine practice, via the Medical Therapeutic Yoga (MTY) method, which has been taught and field-tested since 2001. It is based on Dr. Ginger Garner's bestselling text of the same name, which is published in English and Italian and is slated for 3 more foreign translations.
This workshop will also walk you through the steps to become a Certified Professional Yoga Therapist & Lifestyle Medicine Practitioner, which is the oldest Medical Yoga Certification program worldwide, and is respected around the world as a comprehensive, effective, sustainable, low-tech, low-cost method to using Yoga in healthcare - and requires little overhead or equipment.
PT's, OT's, & similar practitioners are ideally suited to deliver this mindful model of practice. The dual certification Lifestyle Medicine & Professional Yoga Therapist programs are well known, with hundreds of therapists and doctors teaching Yoga today in healthcare through the MTY Method.
Using the MTY Method will help you not only improve patient outcomes and tackle comorbidities and chronic pain; it will also broaden your therapy skill set and diversify your income stream while teaching you critical business skills that will increase your visibility and value, and tackle burnout and compassion fatigue.
This one-hour course will transform your patient care and self-care.
This Course Will:
- Expand your skill set to increase your value and visibility in your community.
- Make yoga safer for your patients and appropriate for use in the clinic.
- Introduce you to the foundations of using Medical Therapeutic Yoga in practice and health promotion.
- Help you understand and implement trauma-informed care that is COVID sensitive.
- Offer telehealth options for delivering yoga-based care.
- Help streamline clinical decision-making by finding root causes of pain and disease instead of just treating a diagnosis.
- Give you the potential to improve patient outcomes and satisfaction in less time and with less burden on you and the patient.
- Tackle persistent pain and complex comorbidities that are hindering your patient and client outcomes.
What You Will Learn:
- The vital signs of the MTY Method, which teaches Yoga as Lifestyle Medicine.
- The systems-based distinctive roles of Lifestyle, Integrative, & Functional Medicine in practice.
- Psychological- and Trauma-Informed therapy skills.
- The biopsychosocial model of assessment and intervention for halting chronic disease and tackling acute and chronic pain.
- Immediately applicable skills to take to the clinic.
- Shifting the therapeutic landscape to improve patient outcomes.
Who This Course Is For:
Anyone wanting to learn how yoga can be used across the lifespan in a systematic, best-evidence way to expand PT practice beyond just MSK and movement and to embrace the PT's role as a holistic, primary care, front-line, healthcare provider and health coach.
Anyone wanting to improve their own self-care and patient care at the same time.
PT, DPT, ATC, LAT
Dr. Ginger Garner PT, DPT, ATC/L is an active clinician, author, teacher, and longtime advocate for improving access to physical therapy services. She is the CEO of Living Well Institute which she founded in 2000 to teach therapists how to integrate Yoga and Lifestyle Medicine practices into clinical and health promotion practice. Board certified in Lifestyle Medicine (DipACLM) and a certified Professional Yoga Therapist (PYT), Ginger has spent 26 years designing best-evidence yoga-based physical therapy programs. Her private practice, EudeMOMia®, located in Greensboro NC, offers a unique model of virtual services and in-person care. Ginger is the author of Medical Therapeutic Yoga, slated for 4 foreign translations and currently published in English and Italian. As an international speaker and educator, she has presented at over 20 conferences worldwide and has taught in 6 continents across a range of topics impacting the pelvic girdle. Ginger is an active member of APTA, serving as the Legislative Chair for APTA NC Chapter.
Ginger lives in Greensboro, NC with her partner, 3 sons, and their rescue pup, Scout Finch. Visit Ginger at www.drgingerarner.com and www.integrativelifestylemed.com
Course Material included in this course
An Introduction to Medical Therapeutic Yoga
Speaking the Language
Deficiencies and How to Improve
The ILM Program
The MTY Program