An Integration to Integrative Lifestyle Medicine (March 31 2020)
Do your patients suffer from comorbidities and make lifestyle choices that are complicating or hindering progress in physical therapy?
Are you feeling burned out or compassion fatigue from not getting the results you want
Would you like to learn exactly how lifestyle choices impact your physical therapy outcomes and how you can influence behavior change?
This one-hour online course will transform the way you look at patients. It will:
- increase your effectiveness as a therapist and improve patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- introduce you to the foundations of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine.
- help you streamline clinical decision-making by finding root causes of pain and disease instead of just treating a diagnosis.
- improve patient outcomes and satisfaction in less time and with less burden on you and the patient.
- tackle persistent pain and complex comorbidities that are hindering your physiotherapy outcomes.
What You Will Learn
- The vital signs of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine.
- The distinctive roles of Lifestyle, Integrative, & Functional Medicine in physiotherapy practice.
- The evidence-base that supports use of best practice methods of Lifestyle Medicine & Integrative Medicine.
- What lifestyle factors impact physical therapy outcomes, chronic disease and manage or halt chronic pain conditions.
- The expanded scope of service for physiotherapists using Integrative Lifestyle Medicine.
Integrative Lifestyle Medicine will expand your scope and reach into your community, improve patient outcomes, and grow your referral network. Whether you are a generalist or specialist physiotherapist you will benefit from learning how Lifestyle Medicine directly impacts musculoskeletal and neuromuscular outcomes across the lifespan.
This course was recorded on March 31, 2020
PT, DPT, ATC, LAT
Dr. Ginger Garner PT, DPT, ATC/L is an active clinician, author, teacher, and longtime advocate for improving access to physical therapy services. She is the CEO of Living Well Institute which she founded in 2000 to teach therapists how to integrate Yoga and Lifestyle Medicine practices into clinical and health promotion practice. Board certified in Lifestyle Medicine (DipACLM) and a certified Professional Yoga Therapist (PYT), Ginger has spent 26 years designing best-evidence yoga-based physical therapy programs. Her private practice, EudeMOMia®, located in Greensboro NC, offers a unique model of virtual services and in-person care. Ginger is the author of Medical Therapeutic Yoga, slated for 4 foreign translations and currently published in English and Italian. As an international speaker and educator, she has presented at over 20 conferences worldwide and has taught in 6 continents across a range of topics impacting the pelvic girdle. Ginger is an active member of APTA, serving as the Legislative Chair for APTA NC Chapter.
Ginger lives in Greensboro, NC with her partner, 3 sons, and their rescue pup, Scout Finch. Visit Ginger at www.drgingerarner.com and www.integrativelifestylemed.com
Course Material included in this course
Complimentary Webinar on Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
Why We Need Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
Scope of Responsibilities
Nutrition, Environmental Influences, and Movement
Sleep, Stress, and Meditation
The Integrative Lifestyle Medicine Program
Patient Exercises included in this course
The Yoga Couch
Abnormal Breath Patterns