Introduction to Medical Therapeutic Yoga
Welcome to the Medical Therapeutic Yoga Workshop!
Congratulations on taking this next step toward transforming your practice and improving patient care.
This program is for you if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do your patients suffer from co-morbidities and/or make lifestyle choices that hinder their progress with you?
- Have you ever felt frustrated, burnout, or compassion fatigue because of your career?
- Would you like to learn exactly how lifestyle choices impact your clinical outcomes?
- Do you want to learn how to harness the power of health coaching to get your patients to follow through?
The first thing to acknowledge if you answered yes to any of these questions is that our current health system is only designed to treat symptoms of underlying problems. We need a new approach that implements a biopsychosocial model of health care.
Integrated Lifestyle Medicine and Medical Therapeutic Yoga are one solution.
About Integrative Lifestyle Medicine and Medical Therapeutic Yoga:
The model of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine, practiced through the lens of Medical Therapeutic Yoga, is sustainable, low-tech, low-cost, and requires little overhead or equipment.
Physiotherapists (Physical Therapists), Occupational Therapists, & similar practitioners are ideally suited to deliver this model through the integrative lens of mindfulness, chiefly through the Medical Therapeutic Yoga method.
This workshop introduces you to the dual certification programs in Integrative Lifestyle Medicine & Medical Therapeutic Yoga.
The MTY Certification will help you diversify your income stream and therapy skill set, increase your value, and tackle burnout and compassion fatigue. This program will change the way you approach patient care AND self-care.
In This Course You Will:
- Increase your effectiveness as a therapist;
- Introduce you to the foundations of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine through the lens of Medical Therapeutic Yoga;
- Help streamline clinical decision-making by finding root causes of pain and disease instead of just treating a diagnosis;
- Improve patient outcomes and satisfaction in less time and with less burden on you and the patient; and
- Tackle persistent pain and complex comorbidities that are hindering your patient and client outcomes.
In This Course You Will Learn:
- The vital signs of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine.
- The distinctive roles of Lifestyle, Integrative, & Functional Medicine.
- What best-practice methods of Lifestyle Medicine & Integrative Medicine look like.
- What lifestyle factors impact clinical outcomes, chronic disease, and manage or halt chronic pain conditions.
- Your expanded scope of practice with this new skillset.
- The importance of therapeutic landscape and partnership in improving patient outcomes.
Integrative Lifestyle Medicine & its practice of Medical Therapeutic Yoga will expand your scope and reach into your community, improve patient outcomes, and grow your referral network.
Who This Course Is For:
Whether you are a generalist or specialist PT, OT, PTA, COTA, or ATC, you will benefit from learning how this method directly impacts musculoskeletal and neuromuscular outcomes across the lifespan.
PT, DPT, ATC, LAT
Dr. Ginger Garner PT, DPT, ATC/L is an active clinician, author, teacher, and longtime advocate for improving access to physical therapy services. She is the CEO of Living Well Institute which she founded in 2000 to teach therapists how to integrate Yoga and Lifestyle Medicine practices into clinical and health promotion practice. Board certified in Lifestyle Medicine (DipACLM) and a certified Professional Yoga Therapist (PYT), Ginger has spent 26 years designing best-evidence yoga-based physical therapy programs. Her private practice, EudeMOMia®, located in Greensboro NC, offers a unique model of virtual services and in-person care. Ginger is the author of Medical Therapeutic Yoga, slated for 4 foreign translations and currently published in English and Italian. As an international speaker and educator, she has presented at over 20 conferences worldwide and has taught in 6 continents across a range of topics impacting the pelvic girdle. Ginger is an active member of APTA, serving as the Legislative Chair for APTA NC Chapter.
Ginger lives in Greensboro, NC with her partner, 3 sons, and their rescue pup, Scout Finch. Visit Ginger at www.drgingerarner.com and www.integrativelifestylemed.com
Course Material included in this course
Introduction to Medical Therapeutic Yoga
How Ginger Can Help You
Conclusion and Questions Part 1
Questions Part 2
What's Next and Suggested Resources