The Future is Female: The Rise of Women in Leadership
Expert Series: Episode 16 with Kim Hall and Laura Desveaux
Here's What You Will Learn:
- Top business and leadership resources that will accelerate your career
- Unique and out of the box career paths that are carving the way for a new generation of physiotherapists
- What are the effects of the gender gap on healthcare in general and is there gender disparity in the Canadian physiotherapy industry?
- The rise of female leaders? What does the future hold for our profession and how will this impact your career?
- Strategies for developing practical leadership skills that will propel your career.
Talent is one of the most essential factors for growth and competitiveness
As the world moves from capitalism into the era of talentism, competitiveness on a national and on a business level will be decided more than ever before by the innovative capacity of a country or a company.
An environment that does not treat women fairly compromises excellence in patient care and the advancement of medical research.
Studies show that women in medicine:
- get less pay for equal work
- are promoted less frequently
- have fewer opportunities to publish, and
- receive less recognition than their male counterparts.
To build future economies that are both dynamic and inclusive, we must ensure that everyone has equal opportunity.
Course Material included in this course
Learning About Business
Technology in Healthcare
Gender Equity in Healthcare