Expert Series: Ask Me Anything - Headaches and Concussions (March 2020)
Concussions and post-traumatic headaches are increasingly prevalent conditions in clinical practice and are often challenging to treat.
This online course with Meaghan Adams, is an opportunity to take an in-depth look at concussion post-traumatic headache.
- Common misconceptions about concussion or post-traumatic headache
- How to educate patients about their condition
- Treatment options for patients with a concussion or post-traumatic headache
- Is the rest always best? How to make decisions about exercise and activity after a concussion?
Who Is This Course For?
Rehab professionals: physiotherapists, occupational therapists, athletic therapists, kinesiologists, massage therapists, and chiropractors.
What's Included In This Online Healthcare Course?
- More than 2 hours of video lessons that were recorded on the live Ask Me Anything webinar.
- A bonus section of additional video lessons where Meaghan answers the questions she was unable to get to on the live webinar!
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certificate of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content may be downloadable (such as a workbook or slides if included), the majority cannot.
- This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and for tax purposes.
- A Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
How Can I Get This Course At a Discounted Rate?
This course is specially priced for Embodia Members. The benefit of becoming an Embodia Member includes free and discounted courses, free webinars, professional development coaching, and home exercise software. The Embodia Membership is only $15/month (or $13.50 on our annual plan). You can become an Embodia Member by visiting this page: https://embodiaapp.com/subscriptions If you are interested in group/staff viewing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a group discount. The larger the group, the larger the discount.
Contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 2 business days.
PT, BSc, MSc(PT), PhD(Neuroscience)
Meaghan earned her physiotherapy degree from Queen’s University, and completed Fowler-Kennedy’s Sport Physiotherapy Fellowship before earning a Certificate in Sport Physiotherapy from Sport Physiotherapy Canada. She also holds a Certificate in Vestibular Rehabilitation from Emory University. Meaghan completed her PhD in neuroscience at the University of Waterloo, studying how concussions affect brain function and sensory integration, and is currently a post-doctoral fellow at Toronto Rehab and York University studying the integration of cognition, motor function, and sensory inputs in adults with prolonged concussion symptoms using virtual reality and tablet-based computing.
Meaghan serves as the vice-chair of the Neurosciences Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association, and is an Assistant Clinical Professor (Adjunct) at McMaster University’s School of Rehabilitation Science.
Course Material included in this course
Expert Series - Highlights Free
Highlight - Music Therapy
Ask Me Anything: Headaches and Concussions (March 2020)
Approach for Frontal Headaches Post-Concussion
Thoughts on Headaches
Coming Back to Sound and Music
Meaghan's Full Story